If you are a site owner or you are only willing to create your site, probably you have
heard about a powerful and popular web logging system called Geeklog.
With the aid of Geeklog you will be able to make a
full-functioning portal with no need to spend money and much time on
What is Geeklog?
Geeklog is an
advanced weblog system powered by PHP and MySQL.
It allows you within
a few minutes to set up a fully functioning dynamic website and it
has many features to get you started.
Geeklog offers the ability to set up different services to execute on your web
portal. Geeklog has enhanced, user-based security. After the
installation of Geeklog on your server for creating your own web
portal, users can register and receive their personal logins and
passwords to access specified features of portal services.
Geeklog is an
open-source software and has been released under the GNU GPL for use
by others. Configuring GeekLog is meant to be an easy process.
User's and Admin's features are divided in groups.
- Only the Admin of the site/portal has Admin priviledges and he/she can set up other users
to be Admins of the web resource.
- Block system allows you to put information anywhere on your site
- Allow users to email stories to their friends
- Plugin system allows you to extend Geeklog, without having to code any new PHP modules
- Excellent security model that allows you to give users control over certain
aspects of the site with no need to worry
- Site Statistics that shows you the most popular areas of your site
- Calendar System that lets you and your user add up-and-coming events
- Admin can enable/disable/create services and available resources
- Admin can specify which resources will be available for a particular user
- Admin can organize online polls and view detailed statistics
- Admin can create forums and topics for forums and give users
permission to take part in certain forums
- Admin can customize the design of Geeklog portal.
contribute to Geeklog all over the world. Links to new modules can be
found on http://www.geeklog.net. All modules are free.
You can find
descriptions and documentation there as well, and install the modules
yourself or please contact Help4Hosters for installation of the
modules onto your Geeklog portal.
- User-system allowing members of the public to register for your site and submit stories
- Comment system allows users to comment on posts made on the portal
- Theme system allows users to select what layout they want to view
- Link system allows users to add links to the portal
- Users can post advertisements, vote, download files, read news
- All the users can see who is currently online and if there are new users
Interested in Help4Hosters installing Geeklog
for you? Contact us today.
In average Geeklog will be installed on your web site during the business week within 24 hours upon the receipt of your payment.